Unlocking Africa’s Restoration Potential – AFR100 Phase II: Growing Investment for Locally-Led Solutions
World Resources Institute
Wednesday, November 9th, 2022
4:30 pm - 5:15 pm
A new framework for AFR100 pairs unprecedented investment for restoration with innovative monitoring systems showcasing the success of new and existing locally-led solutions. With support from partners around the world, land throughout Africa will be restored to protect from the worst effects of climate change, revolutionize agriculture and improve life for people in local communities and around the world.
This new framework, managed by WRI’s Global Restoration Initiative, opens a new era of restoration financing in Africa.
- Wanjira Mathai, Managing Director, WRI Africa
- Nardos Bekele-Thomas, CEO of AUDA-NEPAD, African Union
- Mamadou Diakhite, AFR100 leader, AUDA-NEPAD
- Bernadette Arakwiye, AFR100, Global Restoration Initiative, WRI
- Sam Kanyamibwa, CEO, ARCOS