A Revolutionary Shift for the Voluntary Carbon Market: Leadership from Forest Communities and Global South Countries
Sunday, December 3rd, 2023
09:00 - 10:00
Leaders of Indigenous Peoples and Global South governments join together at this panel discussion to discuss how to end deforestation by 2030 through a new and revolutionary shift in the voluntary carbon market.
This panel’s speakers will discuss community-led forest carbon projects and other initiatives they are engaged in to deliver equitable results for climate action and biodiversity protection that drive economic development for their people.
Seats are limited, therefore kindly RSVP here.
- Sonia Guajajara, Minister of Indigenous Peoples, Brazil
- Eve Bazaiba, Minister for the Environment, Democratic Republic of Congo
- Beto Borges, Forest Trends / Equitable Earth IPLC Advisory Group
- Gustavo Sánchez, Mexican Network of Forest Peoples Organizations
- Puyr Tembé, Federation of Indigenous Peoples of Pará