Translating Pledges to Concrete Action for Indigenous Peoples
Wednesday, November 9th, 2022
18:00:00 - 20:00:00
At UNFCCC COP26 in Glasgow, nature was on the agenda like never before. Among the key milestones achieved a breakthrough announcement of US$1.7 billion pledged to support climate action efforts led by Indigenous Peoples and local communities (IPLC). The news has sparked the attention on how climate promises will be delivered on time to keep the 1.5-degree goal of the Paris Agreement within reach.
This event will explore the progress to date in 2021’s pledge to Indigenous peoples and local communities. The session will look at the progress made by donors and NGOs on their commitments and actions by IPLCs on exploring suitable funding mechanisms developed from an IPLC perspective. The session will count with an announcement and then follow with a reception.
- Kristen Walker Painemilla , Senior Vice President and Managing Director of the Center for Communities and Conservation, Conservation International
- Hindou Ibrahim, Co-Director, International Indigenous Peoples Forum on Climate Change
- Malfada Durate, CEO, Climate Investment Fund
- Tunga Rai, Director, NEFIN
- Tuntiak Katan, COICA
- Sare Christophe Play, DGM, Cote I'voire